keep the mud out of my house!
In the Northeast and I suspect many other places it has been rather rainy. Today the sun came out and that can really lift the spirit.
Anyway, let me get back to my original thought. If you are a real estate agent, listing properties, at some time or another you would have been given instructions by the home owner to have any visitor to the home remove their shoes.
Or you might have run into a sign like this one: Remove your shoes and don't let me have to tell you again. Hilarious, but this could just be the thing to turn off a prospective buyer.
Here are a few reasons you might not want to remove your shoes:
- You are older and it is difficult getting your shoes on and off.
- For health reasons you might not be able to walk on a cold floor
- Face it, the floor might not be clean and considering you will want to see the basement you really want to keep the shoes on.
Reason why the homeowner wants the shoes off:
- It could be cultural
- Don't want mud, or scuff marks on wood floor
- Don't want to get the carpet soiled
- Afraid more than dirt will be brought in (for example, pollen).
So, how do we have a meeting on the minds about this? Well, there has been a solution to this problem for a very long time. The solution is shoe covers (or booties), and all you have to do is slip these over your shoe. Depending on how stylish you want to be you could purchase up to 50 for under $20 or you could buy just one for the same amount. Many of the shoe covers and booties are washable and reusable.
If you want to go all out you could even get the shoe cover dispenser as shown in this video
Jennifer Fivelsdal - JFIVE HOMES REALTY LLC - 845-758-6842- email@example.com
Copyright © by Jennifer Fivelsdal, all rights reserved-keep the mud out of my house!