Most of the time we focus on the issues a home buyer might have. On the other hand home sellers do have gripes and with good reason.
Here is a list of things that can really irritate a seller.
- Not leaving a card or signing the showing book
- Forgetting to lock the door and turn off the lights.
- Making an appointment yet failing to show and never calling.
- Parking cars on lawn
- Tracking dirt on to carpet
- Using toilet and failing to flush
- Agent showing up without an appointment
- Failure to give feedback on showing
- Agent not doing what was promised by failing to follow specific instructions.
- Letting the cat or dog out
Yes these things actually happen. If the client asks to use the bathroom, do you check to make sure it was flushed before leaving? Or, if you are running late, do you notify the listing office instead of just showing up two hours later? This once happened to one of my sellers and she refused the agent's request to see the house.
So when showing a home make an effort to leave a good impression, today's home sellers already have enough to worry about.