What type of a Home seller are you in this real estate market?
Sellers in today's real estate market fall into two basic categories:
- Sellers who still don't get the market and have unrealistic expectations
- Sellers who get it and are doing all they can to get their home sold.
So, what are the characteristics of sellers who do not get the market? They:
- List home for higher than the market can bear, and still expect the house to sell.
- Are very slow to make a price reduction.
- Still expect to get the home sold for what they need to get from the sale.
- Pay no attention to the market data, provided by the agent, suggesting price needs to be revisited.
- Change agent every three to six months because they believe it is the agent's fault why the home did not get sold in weeks.
- Will call their agent constantly looking for answers when they have already been told why the home is not selling.
I know there are other characteristics but this is a start.
If you find yourself in this category, you should not be surprised that the property will remain on the market for a long time, maybe even years. Today, it is important to stay ahead of the market by pricing your home right and that includes making the necessary reductions as the trends in the market are reviewed with you.
Changing agents frequently is not the answer. Actually, you should keep in mind that the agent who is still working in real estate wants to be there and their goal is to help you sell your home and also to get paid a commission. This is probably one of the few professions where someone spends their own money and time but could walk away without ever being compensated. Keep in mind that an agent can only market the home; the buyer is the only one who can make the decision to purchase your home. So, getting your home sold will require cooperation with your agent and getting the home priced right.
On the other hand, if you as the seller are doing what it takes to get the home sold you will probably meet your objective. I won't kid you; even if it is priced correctly, sometimes, in this market the home might sit for a while. However if you are the type of seller who gets it, follow the market trends, and let the agent know you appreciate all the marketing that is being done on your behalf and that you understand the reason the house is not getting shown or selling is because of the hand (market) we have been dealt.
I do have empathy for sellers having to deal with this buyer's market. Homes not selling in NY might mean less sales in Florida or the Carolinas. Lives are on hold and people can't relocate. If they must relocate they might have to bring money to the closing table. All I am saying is; we all have to deal with reality.
So what kind of a seller are you going to be?
Jennifer Fivelsdal - JFIVE HOMES REALTY LLC - 845-758-6842- firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © by Jennifer Fivelsdal, all rights reserved-What type of a seller are you in this real estate market?