Selling your home in the summer without air conditioning does present a problem especially on those very hot days. I have shown vacant homes in the winter and these are usually so cold that buyers don't hang around, likewise on a hot summer day buyers won't stick around if they are uncomfortable.
There are many steps you can take to make the home cooler even without air conditioning. I have met sellers who personally did not like air conditioning but when it comes to buying a home this is a consideration for buyers.
Here are a 7 tips that will definitely help to keep the home cooler and ensure that a potential buyer will take a closer look at your home.
- Keep the shades down and drapes drawn. However before the showing you will need to open these to let the light in.
- Use ceiling or window fans (or better yet, a whole house fan).
- Try not to use the oven much.
- Don't run the washer and dryer in the middle of the day.
- Unplug appliances you are not using as these do generate some heat
- Maybe you could put additional insulation in the attic.
- Use energy saving bulbs and keep lights off during the day.
Implementing one or more of these tips will not only get the home cooler even without air conditioning but you might just get that offer because the buyer was not overheated.
Copyright © by Jennifer Fivelsdal, all rights reserved- What can you do if your house is for sale in the summer and you don't have air conditioning?