Well it looks like we will be getting a snowstorm in the Northeast tomorrow. I am sure many feel like I do - it is just too early for a major storm.
There is still time to prepare, so, here are a few tips.
- Go shopping for food, water, snow shovels etc.
- If you have an electric stove you might want to prepare some food ahead of the storm in case the power goes out.
- Make sure to have a good supply of water around, not just for drinking put also for flushing toilets.
- Make sure to have flashlights or other types of lighting in case the power goes out.
- Try to stay off the roads, keep in mind your town might not be totally ready for the snow since it is so early.
- Make sure to have board games on hand to entertain the young ones.
- If you don't have a generator make sure to have a lot of blankets on hand and I hope you have a fireplace or woodstove.
- If you see a power line down stay clear of it.