It is impossible to drive through most streets in Red Hook without noticing a House for sale sign. This is a typical scene in most towns - And the Spring rush has not yet occurred. As spring approaches this is a time when most owners typically put their property on the market so I thought it would be a good time to see what the numbers show so far .
In the month of January 6 properties were listed ranging from $229,000 to $524,900
During the same time 3 properties were sold ranging from $239,900-$369,900 and the days on the market range from 132-211.
At Present there are 77 active listings on the market, which is already a large inventory brought forward from 2007. Price ranged from $43,500 to $4,018,900.
It is obvious that homes priced under $300,000 are moving faster because of a much higher demand. At the same time the Dutchess County market report showed a significant drop in sales during January and a higher number of days on the market.
What can sellers do to ensure a sale?
- Price is key. More than ever you need a real estate professional to help with this. Don't even try to look for the same price your neighbor got 6 months ago. Market analysis now covers a much shorter period.
- Make sure all repairs are done prior to putting the property on the market. A pre-inspection will aid in the discovery of issues to be addressed.
- Be prepared to make a price adjustment or offer incentives if you really have to sell.
- The Selling price is in no way related to what you feel you have to net but is more closely related to what a buyer is willing to pay.
- Will the property appraise? I am noticing more cases of houses appraising for less than assessed value, so a pre-appraisal might be a good idea.
- Have you considered staging? It is a proven fact that a staged property sells quicker and for more money.
- Home warranty is a plus. Potential buyers like to know they won't have to worry if something breaks shortly after the closing.
Red Hook Drug Store
In the Village of Tivoli only 1 property was listed in January and there are only 2 properties for sale at the moment.
Santa Fe - Tivoli
Jennifer Fivelsdal - JFIVE HOMES REALTY LLC - 845-758-6842- firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © by Jennifer Fivelsdal, all rights reserved-